Written by Messages. Last updated: January 6, 2021
What can I do with messages?
Here you can find the messages that are connected to your account as well as create new messages.
Create a new message
- Log into Freedom.
- Click on Admin in the menu bar.
- Select Messages.
- Click on Add, and agree to the costs, if you haven’t used messages before.
- Choose a suitable Name for your message, for example: ‘Welcome message’.
- Choose Add audio file to record a message or upload one from your computer. To record, you need a computer with a microphone. Be aware: Your audio file can’t be larger than 5MB. You can upload the following file formats in Freedom: .wav, .mp3 or .gsm.
- Click on Save and then add the message to your dial plan.
- Record the message “Welcome to (Company name)” and set it as the first step in your dial plan.
- Record the message “ Thank you for your patience” and add this to your dial plan in the event that a phone or call group has rung for more than 20 seconds. Callers are willing to wait a little longer and then you still have a chance to answer the call.