Written by Opening hours. Last updated: December 31, 2020
With the option Opening hours you can control what happens when someone calls your business number at a certain time.
Adding an Opening hours group
- log in to Freedom.
- Click on ‘Admin’ in the main menu.
- Choose ‘Opening hours.’
- Click on Add.
- Name: Give your opening hours group a name, for example: ‘standard opening hours’ or ‘vacation and holidays.’
- Give the opening hours group a description, for example: open mon.-fri. 9-18.
- Click on Step 2.
- Fill in the hours, check the correct days and enter the time period.
- Click on the plus sign to add extra times. This way, you can set up your time group like this, for example: Christmas on the 25th of December, with the plus you can add New Years day on the first of January too.
- Click on Save.
Tip: Are you closed on holidays? Make a separate opening hours group for holidays and set it as the first step in your dial plan. See below for more information.
Opening times in the dial plan
- Click in the menu bar on Dial plan.
- Click on the correct telephone number.
- Choose the option Opening hours group as the first step in your dial plan.
- Be aware: If there are already steps in your dial plan and you want to add an opening hours group before them, look where you want to move the other steps to. Choose for ‘move steps below to: “Meets conditions” if you want to move the steps to within your opening times. If you want to move the steps to outside of your opening times select ‘move steps below to “Does not meet conditions.” Then click on Save.
- Fill in what happens when conditions are met and not met.
Friendly vacation and holidays tips:
- First make a time group and name it ‘Vacation days and holidays’. Select the dates of your vacation and of the different holidays. Do you not yet know on which holidays you will be closed? You can still make the opening hours group and then uncheck all of the days.
- Make a second ‘regular’ opening hours group.
- Go to your Dial plan and select the opening hours group ‘Vacation days and holidays’ as the first step.
- Under ‘Meets conditions’ select what should happen in during these vacation days. Select the regular opening hours group under the ‘doesn’t meet conditions.‘ You will get a new step with conditions: here you can select what will happen during your regular opening hours.
- When you have a vacation planned, you just need to edit the dates to of the ‘Vacation and holidays’ group. This way, you don’t have to change your whole dial plan again.