Written by Harriet Zuidland. Last updated: January 12, 2021
The Voys Webphone is a softphone that enables you to call with your computer. With the Webphone, you can make and receive calls via the browser. Here you can find a step-by-step guide on how to get the Webphone working on your computer.
Good to know; the Webphone is currently supported by the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge beta.
Setting up a Webphone account in Freedom.
For the Webphone to be able to work, it needs to be connected to a VoIP account. The following steps explain how you can connect a Webphone VoIP account to you user-account.
Good to know: if you already have a user account within the All-in-One subscription, your account is already set up. You can skip the following steps and continue at Installing the Webphone.
- Log in to Freedom.
- Click on ‘Admin.’
- Click on ‘Users.’
- click on your user account or create a new user.
- Go to the tab ‘telephony settings.’
- At webphone account, select the VoIP-account you want to use for the webphone. If you don’t have a VoIP-account available, scroll up a little bit and click under VoIP-accounts on + New VoIP-account to create one.
- Scroll down to Webphone.
- Select the right outgoing number. When you leave this on don’t change, the outgoing number that is selected at the VoIP account will be used.
- Click on Save.
Installing the Webphone
You can find the Webphone here.
- Log in with your username and password (same details used when logging in to Freedom).
- Click on Log in.
- Click on Begin.
- Click on Let’s start.
- In the step Select a VoIP account, choose the VoIP account that is available for the Webphone plugin as configured in Freedom earlier.
- Click on Allow in the popup: webphone.voys.nl wants to Show notifications.
- Click on Allow in the popup: webphone.voys.nl wants to Use your microphone.
- After this step you can select the right Audio Settings. Before proceeding, make sure your headset is connected so the plugin can detect the right microphone and speaker settings.
- Click Complete to complete the installation.
You can use the Webphone in your internet browser or install it on your computer.
- Click right on the 3 dots in your web browser.
- Click on Install Voys Webphone.
- Click on Install.
- The Webphone now opens in a separate screen.
You can now make and receive calls on your computer / laptop.